Car Park Resurfacing
Resurfacing an asphalt car park is a simple and cost-effective process, which can increase the value of your property and enhance its visual appeal. An asphalt car park becomes ‘worn’ due to the toll of high traffic & usage over time. Chemicals, oils, rain water and debris can also damage your car park, leading to displeasing stains and potentially cracks in the long term. At this stage, it is often best to resurface your car park rather than to spot fix the issues.
All About Bitumen and Asphalt can provide a complete maintenance solution for your car park, taking care of all aspects of the project from start to finish. The process involves:
- Inspection of all existing drainage and storm water tanks. If the existing tanks contain sand and debris, they must be cleaned to allow for efficient water storage and discharge. While not always visible, these issues can cause expensive problems down the track if not inspected.
- Inspection of all existing surfaces, including the asphalt or bitumen and road sub-base.
- Construction of new kerbing or repairs as necessary. A new asphalt surface will only look as good as it’s kerbing.
- Preparation and machine sweeping of the entire area.
- Spraying of an emulsion spray onto the existing surface.
- Laying of hot asphalt to the required thickness.
- Line marking of the car park. As part of our complete car park solution, we can mark your car park lines if required.